Thanks for visiting the My Marketing Person blog and website. While here, there are a few guidelines you’ll want to follow to ensure everyone has a good time and gets what they need. They are as follows.
- Reply to the topic at hand.
- Feel free to state your opinion, whether you agree or disagree, and provide commentary with substance.
- Have something to say that’s in your own words or cited appropriately.
- Tweet, bookmark, or otherwise link to a blog post if you find it useful.
- Contact me if you’d like to post a comment that’s long. You may be invited to do a guest blog post or Q&A instead.
- Use your name or a nickname, but keep it clean and make it descriptive of who you are. The point is to interact with each other and have a context for whomever we’re interacting with.
- Go off on a tangent to talk about yourself and/or promote something unrelated to the topic at hand.
- Comment just to comment and get a link. It’s boring and a waste of space.
- Post a long comment. Let’s share the space and allow others to have their say.
- Post comments under names like “Prostate Gland Problems,” “Pharmacy Tech Jobs,” “CNA Work in the Healthcare Field,” or anything that reads like a bad and unrelated headline or advertisement. Or if you do, don’t expect your comment to be approved. I use Askimet and these go right to spam anyway.
- Submit a comment that is offensive to any particular group with respect to race, nationality, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or gender.
- Include someone else’s information in a comment without their permission.
- Violate trademarks, copyrights or intellectual property rights in your comment.
- Say something potentially slanderous or libelous about another company, person, or organization.
By following these simple rules, we can all enjoy dynamic interactions with intelligent people. My kind of place!